Well... "out West" to Ohio & Kentucky! The summer months bring assignments of summer apostolates for our student brothers and parish coverage by the priests in academia so other friars can take a break to go on their home visits. I will be covering a few of our parishes this summer. I thought I would send you my schedule just in case you wanted to meet.
Tentative Summer Schedule of Fr. Benedict OP
June 4-12 St. Thomas Aquinas Parish in Zanesville, OhioJune 13-15 St. Catherine of Siena Priory in New York City
June 18-25 (home visit with my family in Colorado)
June 27-July 8 St. Gertrude Priory in Cincinnati, Ohio
July 9-17 St. Pius V Parish in Providence, Rhode Island
(JULY 10 NEW ENGLAND VOCATION GATHERING AT ST. PIUS V PARISH, RI, CONTACT FR. BEN OP)
July 18-24 Aquinas House/St. Dennis Parish at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire
August 6-9 St. Gertrude Priory for vestition of new men to begin canonical year of Novitiate
August 13 - Dominican House of Studies, Solemn Profession of 9 Student Brothers (VOCATION CANDIDATES INVITED)
August 15 - St. Gertrude Parish Church, Simple Profession of Novices (VOCATION CANDIDATES INVITED)
August 15-20 - Priory Retreat with Friars of Dominican House of Studies with Irish Dominican, Fr. Paul Murray OP
Sept. 1 - Oct. 2 - Vocation Weekend #1
|Fr. Austin OP, Fr. Ezra OP, Fr. Ignatius OP, & Fr. Hyacinth OP newly ordained 27 May 2011|
1) Latest Edition of The Trumpet (which doubles as a very nice vocation brochure) focusing on our work in health care & bioethics.
2) Our new periodical "Dominicana", written and produced by our student friars, great stuff.
3) The "Challenges of Preaching the Truth": Fr. John Baptist Ku OP Teaches on Humanae Vitae, my classmate who teaches systematic theology here at the Dominican House of Studies.
4) Come see Bro. Reginald's Summer Lecture Series in DC, PA, OH, MA, ME & NY
5) Angelic Warfare Confraternity of St. Thomas Aquinas - the only Catholic Sacramental for living chastity happens to be started by the Order of Preachers (15th c.). This devotion was recommended by Pope Benedict XII in 1727 to all seminarians.
6) Q & A on the Dominican Rite - our first provincial workshop to learn it starts in the novitiate in Cincinnati this summer
7) Friars Take to the Streets of DC! ...on pilgrimage.
8) Resources for Men Discerning
|Fr. James Cuddy OP at Ignite Your Torch H.S. Youth Conference in Kentucky|