Greetings! If you click on the image it will take you to our most recent monthly missive from our office of advancement - which doubles for a nice update on some of the events and news of our province. (thanks Fr. Dominic Izzo OP!) Then below a few more important things.
1) As you know we have 4 vocation weekends this academic year. If you have not made one, it would be particularly helpful for you.
2) In regard to living chastity, in the past I have told you about the Confraternity of the Angelic Warfare of St. Thomas Aquinas. I would like to invite all men discerning a vocation to our next enrollment in this confraternity which will take place on the Feast of the Archangels on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 7:30PM here in the chapel of the Dominican House of Studies. If you would like to come to be enrolled, please let me know and we could even have you come for 5:30PM vespers/dinner that night.
3) Every year on October 31 we have our annual All Saints Vigil (DC's most popular Halloween alternative for Young Adult Catholics). Last year some 400 young adults attended. This year (Monday Oct. 31, 2011) we have reserved our guest rooms for men considering a vocation who might be interested in coming to participate. It would be possible to spend the night with us.
4) Here you will find the new "Trumpet" from our office of advancement - it has a lot of great news from our province and our Dominican missions and also serves well as a vocation brochure!
5) I am preparing to send to each of you a few things by regular post. If anything has changed in your contact information, can you please shoot me an email?
6) I have Bros. Athansius Murphy OP, Peter Martyr Yungwirth OP, & Ambrose Little OP helping me in the vocation office, so if they contact you to update anything you know why. They are updating this blog fairly regularly and our website is also updated daily. I am trying to get out more to campus ministries this year so their help is very much appreciated. If you would like to invite us, please let me know! We could come in and help with Masses and offer a talk or retreat day.
7) Finally, I would alert you to the new young adult group that will be starting here at the Dominican House of Studies. This is for all young adults (men & women both) ages 21-35. All of you discerning with us are also invited. Click on the image to go to the announcement.
8) Our first Kentucky Vocation Event will be on October 6 in St. Louis Bertrand Priory. Click on the link to see the larger image.
9) Our New England Fall Vocation Event will be on October 11 at Boston College. We are very grateful to the Jesuits for hosting us. Click on link to see the larger image.