A few important dates to keep in mind:
1. Our next vocation weekend - see below.
2. Wednesday, April 4 at 7:30PM the Dominican House of Studies will celebrate Tenebrae. You are invited. The Holy Week schedule for DHS will soon be posted here: www.DHSPriory.org
3. On May 25, 2012 we will have 5 friars ordained to the priesthood in Washington DC at our parish downtown, St. Dominic's. You are invited! The day after, Saturday May 26 there will be a morning first Mass with all of them and our community at the Dominican House of Studies. That night we will start a Pentecost silent retreat for those of you who have already made a vocation weekend (May 26-30, 2012). These dates have been adjusted, let me know if you would like me to reserve your space. It will be at a retreat house in Catonsville, Maryland and would be a great way to start out your summer!
4. August 8, 2012 the men in the application process will be vested in the Dominican habit (private ceremony) and a special Mass/reception will take place at our parish church, St. Gertrude in Cincinnati, Ohio. Plan to come and pray with us and meet the current novices and the new ones and many of the friars of our province.
5. August 11, 2012 our friars will profess their Solemn Profession of Vows at the Dominican House of Studies. If you would like to come, please let me know as space will be limited.
6. August 15, 2012 back in Cincinnati, our current novices will make their Simple (temporary) Profession of Vows in St. Gertrude Church. A reception will follow - another opportunity to pray with us and meet many friars.
7. VOCATION WEEKENDS FOR 2012-2013 ACADEMIC YEAR WILL BE:
Sept. 28-30, 2012
Nov. 9-11, 2012
Feb. 1-3, 2012
April 5-7, 2012
I am on the road right now so alas I missed getting this to all of you yesterday for our patronal Feast of St. Joseph. Fr. Dominic Izzo OP our former provincial wrote this reflection on St. Joseph which I share with you now.
Please continue to pray for our province and the Dominicans throughout the world that the Lord will help us to accomplish the task entrusted to us of preaching for the salvation of souls. May St. Joseph continue to intercede for us and for our province - particularly with strong vocations to the Order of Preachers!
Oremus pro invicem!